Friday, February 1, 2008

THE U.S.S. SIGMA

This week was the annual PMA (Photo Marketing Association) trade show in Vegas, something I went to in '07 but just couldn't pull it this year. This is where all the cool new toys come out that I'll be spending the rest of my year wasting my money on. This one, however, I probably won't be making the plunge quite yet. This is a real lens, no joke. It's a Sigma 200-500mm f/2.8 that weighs 35 FREAKIN' POUNDS.

And in case you're wondering, that's a camera on the right side of the lens -- a full-sized, SLR digital camera. I don't think the price has officially been announced but I've seen numbers ranging from $15-20,000, which is slightly less than I paid for my Honda. Nice.



Photo: Dave Bullock/Wired

1 comments:

Anonymous February 6, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

WOW! I am having trouble finding words!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP