Wednesday, May 21, 2008

WEDDING: DOROTHY & ZACH

So here's a little story about Dorothy and Zach's wedding day, as it really sums up how they are (which is: great): We did the First Look and it was just fantastic. Dorothy looked stunning, Zach was clearly impressed with his gorgeous soon-to-be wife, and I got some great pictures of the whole thing. I just hung back with my zoom and let the magic happen naturally. We then took some creative portraits on a big beautiful hill (see below), then went into an orchard area for some more shots. It was just the three of us and everything was going smoothly, and Dorothy and Zach were relaxed and happy and in love and life was good.

Since no bridesmaids, friends, or moms were with us, Zach was left with the honors of helping Dorothy with her dress (which was beautiful), and doing a remarkably good job at it. We finished with the location and went to go shoot somewhere else, so we got walking and Dorothy started saying "Zach, you're doing a great job with holding my dre..." but before she coould even finish the sentence, we hear a RRIIIIIIPPPPPP and look down to see a nice long portion of the dress hanging out by Zach's foot.

A little nervous, Zach picked up the slice of dress, and I joked that "at least your photographer showed up". Under most circumstances I would've assumed that Dorothy would've started balling and screaming and punching Zach in the throat, but what did she do? She laughed. Zach picked up the dress and Dorothy just smiled. No freaking out, no yelling, no crying. She calmly walked over to her bridesmaids and said "well, I think we need some thread" and just chuckled. I was in awe.

So needless to say, I was working with a truly relaxed and amazing couple in an amazing location, and really just had a wonderful time shooting. Dorothy and Zach, you guys are awesome, and it was an honor to shoot for you, and I'm happy to call you guys my friends now. Enjoy the pics everyone...Happy Wednesday.











One of my favorite shots of the day.


























4 comments:

Jennifer Disney May 21, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

These are ALL fantastic!!!!!!! Nice work, my friend!

Anonymous May 22, 2008 at 6:36 AM  

When are you not amazing? These are so beautiful - what can I say- that little finger of yours has a lot of talent.

Anonymous May 22, 2008 at 9:54 AM  

AHHHH - beautiful! Your blogging is great too ...really helps set the mood for the slideshow :)

jen m

Dominique James May 22, 2008 at 11:24 PM  

umm...so i'm a little jealous of these pictures. oh and i saw you and my dad are buddies on the blogger now. radical.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP