Saturday, August 16, 2008

AGWPJA + PUBLISHED

Yesterday was a good day. Every quarter the WPJA holds international image contests to their members, and last quarter I submitted a few of my images to my first contest and yesterday I found out a couple of them placed in the top 20! In the "Kids (being kids)" category, this image at Dorothy and Zach's wedding placed 12th:



And this one at Rebecca and Aaron's got 13th in the reception category:



So to my clients past and present who let me do what I love to do, thank you. Next quarter I'll be entering some more images and hopefully I'll crack the Top Ten, but I have some serious competition...check out all the incredible images on the AGWPJA site (Artistic Guild of the Wedding Photo Journalist Association).

Next up, yesterday I got an odd looking package in the mail and when I opened it I was pleasantly surprised to see it was a book from a South Korean publisher who decided to use one of my Matador pictures in it. A couple months ago I agreed to let them use the image for their book, but completely forgot about it since this last month has kept my head in a whirlwind from moving and organizing my life in Fresno. The book is entitled "In Praise of Athletic Beauty" and has a bunch of great images from photographers from around the world. I don't know what any of it says because it was only published and sold in South Korea, but it has unusual (in a cool way) and artistic images of athletics. Here it is:





And here's the original in full, dramatic color:



I can't thank everyone enough who supports me and my work; it's appreciated much more than you will know. Have a great weekend, and come back next week for more big news (hint: magazine covers). Next up, Cara and Jerry's engagement slideshow that will rock your world.

-Ryan

6 comments:

CaraDawn August 16, 2008 at 11:36 AM  

Congrats Ryan. That's awesome.

aaryn james photography August 16, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

Congrats! You rock!

Jennifer Disney August 17, 2008 at 12:36 AM  

You rock, my friend! I'm so excited about all the stuff that's happening for you. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Shane & Nikki August 17, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

Ryan, this is so cool, and I miss you so much.

Anonymous August 18, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

wowie-you're just too good Ryan

Anonymous August 28, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

Congrats! You definitely deserve it. Got a little mix up :)

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP